Now Hiring Recess Facilitator
Mindful Practices is seeking part-time instructors for its Recess Team & After School Team for the upcoming 2015-16 school year.
If interested in applying for this role, please send your resume to Erika Panichelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Roles for Recess Facilitator Include:
- Working with a team of Mindful Practices staff members onsite at a large CPS school, helping to oversee & implement daily student recess activities
- Utilizing SEL-based techniques on a daily basis to adhere to overall Mindful Practices themes of kindness, fairness, team work, health and wellness
- Leading indoor and outdoor recess activities with students (grades K-8)
- Monday – Friday 10:30–1:30
- Mindful Practices would provide recess training prior to the start date of Tues 9/8.
Mindful Practices works with schools to empower teachers and students through Social-Emotional Learning, Wellness and Yoga strategies to create a more effective learning environment.
Join our talented team by applying today!
Our Team of Teachers
- Are caring, compassionate and love what they do!
- Ensure the well-being of every child by teaching Mindful Practices content and adhering to all organization and school guidelines
- Maintain a fun and interactive class experience that is also structured with specific classroom rules
We are looking for candidates who are interested in developing and growing the emotional intelligence, as well as health and wellness, of students throughout Chicago. Specifically, we are looking for candidates with the following:
- Experience working with children in a school setting
- Experience with implementing positive classroom management
- Experience in teaching yoga, dance and/or movement
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Impeccable references and a proven track record of working with children
- Transportation to work with diverse neighborhoods across Chicago
- Flexibility as to the hours and schedule of work
- Availability Mon-Fri between the hours of 2:30–5:30pm (for 1–1.5 hour blocks of time per school)
If interested in applying, please send your cover letter and resume to Erika Panichelli at email@example.com.