SEL 100 Level Courses
August 2021 — April 2022
The SEL 100 Level Courses are Mindful Practices’ Core Curriculum. These comprehensive training modules provide a solid introduction to Social Emotional Learning and offer a refresher for those already familiar with the Mindful Practices approach. SEL competencies and the “why” behind SEL are the focus of this foundational material. We recommend engaging with the 100 Level Courses in the order presented, since the components of each module connect one to the next in this series.
- Introduction to SEL: For those just beginning their SEL journey this is a great primer for all that is to come. This overview course delineates Mindful Practices’ approach to SEL, from the competencies to general implementation.
- Trauma-Informed Practices: The Science Behind SEL: In this course, participants learn what trauma is, how it impacts our role as educators, and what SEL “looks like, sounds like, feels like” through a trauma-informed lense.
- Self-Awareness: This course includes practices to appreciate our own experiences (emotionally, mentally, physically), to recognize our strengths and limitations, and to connect to our values and motivations. This is the hub of the wheel of all the other SEL skills.
- Self-Regulation: This course offers strategies and practices to be called upon at a moment’s notice to help manage emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in a positive way. From breathwork, to movement exercises, to seated passive activities, Mindful Practices has you covered.
- Social Awareness: Communication, empathy building, respect and cooperation are the cornerstones of this competency. Learn practical strategies for how to explicitly teach these essential skills to students.
- Using Class Catalyst to Inform Your SEL Process: In this course, participants will take a deep dive into the data views in their Class Catalyst teacher accounts and learn how to get the most out of the SEL platform to build connections and inform their instruction. *Note: Only for educators with Class Catalyst/SEL On Demand accounts through Mindful Practices*
To learn more about SEL 100 Level Courses, please reach out to Erika at email@example.com. You can also check out our Event Calendar to stay current on course dates and other Mindful Practices important events!
SEL 200 Level Courses
September 2021 — March 2022
For those who have already completed the 100 Level Core Curriculum, we invite you to deepen your learning and implementation with our 200 Level Courses. Particular areas of focus can be explored in greater depth, from Race and Equity offerings to aligning SEL competencies with correlating Mindfulness competencies (a framework unique to Mindful Practices that brings depth and flexibility to our approach). We recommend, but not require, that the Core Curriculum be completed prior to engaging with 200 Level content.
Equity & SEL (Consultants: Amy T, Ginger Sunbird Martin): These culturally responsive workshops make clear that SEL and race/equity work are integral to one another. Join Mindful Practices’ Race and Equity Consultants as they expertly guide conversations and actionable steps around these important topics.
Intentionality (Habits of Mind): By practicing intentionality throughout our day we choose to focus on what we are contributing to a situation. We explore the connection of intentionality to self-regulation.
Non-Judgmentalness: A non-judgmental stance informs the ways in which we communicate (both verbally and non-verbally). An attitude of non-judgment holds space for “unconditional positive regard” (of ourselves and others). We make a correlation to social- awareness in this course.
Balance Between Self-Efficacy and Social Harmony & Marginality: This workshop focuses on the flexibility required to maintain balance in all the areas of our lives.
To learn more about SEL 200 Level Courses, please reach out to Erika at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our Event Calendar to stay current on course dates and other Mindful Practices important events!
Stay In Touch
We’d love to keep you up-to-date on the latest SEL and well-being best practices and continue to build community together.