Due to COVID-19, many schools are wondering how to provide their staff with relevant professional learning opportunities while also prioritizing their emotional well-being during this challenging time. Whether you are an administrator, teacher, paraprofessional, or teaching assistants, you may be wondering what skills will be needed in your school post-pandemic for Recovery and Return. Or, how can your school be responsive now to the SEL needs of all students via e-learning?
We are here to help! Not only is this an opportunity to explore trauma-informed practices, mindfulness, and well-being, it is also a window to build a supportive community to combat the loneliness of isolation and increased screen time.
Who Should Register? Paraprofessionals, Assistants, Educators and School Staff – So, all adults in a school are equipped to handle students’ social-emotional needs when schools reopen. Empower All adults to support kids, not just the classroom teachers!
Participants will receive
- Effective tools to authentically connect with students of all backgrounds
- Knowledge on HOW to implement SEL and mindfulness and the WHY behind these critical skills
- Time for reflection, self-care and community building with peers from across the country
- PD credits/Clock hours/CPDUs are available per state requirements
SEL Certification Overview
- 10-day training: Cohorts begin on June 8th. Classes are recorded, with the ability to view any missed sessions when convenient.
- Participants complete 30 hours of the class time to receive a Certificate of Training from Mindful Practices, plus a 6 hour time block to create an SEL project to assist the Recovery and Return process once schools are back in session.
- Sample coursework includes Q & A with licensed trauma-therapist, interesting articles, topical webinars, livestream mindfulness sessions, movement and breathing techniques, online discussions.
- $275 per person (reg $1,275), available to certified, non-certified and hourly staff. (Optional tracking of hours is available and provided to school administrators weekly).
- Includes access to additional remote professional development programming through Mindful Practices’ Remote SEL Support Program, including livestream mindfulness and yoga classes and engaging webinars.
- Option to receive credit toward a Master’s Degree for an additional fee to our accreditation partner Roosevelt University, Chicago.
What are participants saying
|“This has definitely been helpful for me in framing some ideas and rethinking some of my reactions to certain students. I hope that it will make a difference and give me some useful tools to be more helpful to some of the students that I struggle with reaching sometimes and with building a more inclusive classroom environment.”
– Cohort 1 participant
|“I am loving this online SEL certification course I’m taking! Today’s self-care tip of the day was minute meditation with this affirmation. Thanks @_coolclassroom I’m having the best time 💙🤞🏼”
– Mrs Bahn, Cohort 3 participant
SEL Certification Registration
Sign up now next cohort starts May 4th
For School or District