Due to COVID-19, many schools are wondering how to provide their staff with relevant professional learning opportunities while also prioritizing their emotional well-being during this challenging time. Whether you are an administrator, teacher, paraprofessional, or hourly employee, you may be wondering what skills will be needed in your school post-pandemic. Or, how can your school be responsive now to the SEL needs of all students via e-learning?
We are here to help! Mindful Practices is proud to offer our Mindful Practices Online SEL Certification to administrators, teachers, paraprofessionals, and hourly employees online this spring. This is not only an opportunity to explore trauma-informed practices, mindfulness, and well-being via SEL competencies such as self-awareness and self-regulation, this is also a window to build a supportive community of educators and combat the loneliness of social-isolation and increased screen time.
Participants will receive
- Effective tools to authentically connect with students of all stripes
- Knowledge on HOW to implement SEL and mindfulness and the WHY behind these critical skills
- Time for reflection, self-care and community building with peers from across the country
- PD credits/Clock hours/CPDUs are available per state requirements
SEL Certification Overview
- 10-class SEL Training Cohort 2 will begin live streaming on Monday, April 13th. However, with open enrollment, you can join at any time and work through the program, making up the missed classes during our next cohort.
- Participants complete 30 hours of the class time to receive a Certificate of Training from Mindful Practices. Plus a 6 hour time block to create your own SEL project that can be used in your school, such as leading a small group activity for students or developing a mini-mindfulness lesson for your colleagues and co-workers.
- Sample coursework includes reading interesting articles, viewing topical webinars, practicing mindfulness, movement and breathing techniques, participating in online discussions, and writing a reflection journal
- $275 per person (reg $1,275), available to certified, non-certified and hourly staff. (Optional tracking of hours is available to help compensate staff for their time – participation logs are provided to school administrators weekly.)
- Access to additional remote professional development programming through our Remote SEL Support Program. Including livestream mindfulness and yoga classes and engaging webinars.
- Option to receive credit toward a Master’s Degree for an additional fee to our accreditation partner Roosevelt University, Chicago.
SEL Certification Registration
Sign up now next cohort starts April 13th
For School or District