An in-person, 10-month course offered in Chicago, the Social-Emotional Learning Certification shows participants how to be leaders in SEL in their own schools. With self-care and community-building activities, each participant becomes a field researcher in his or her classroom. Clock hours with Illinois State Board of Education and Lane Credits for Chicago Public School employees are included, and three graduate-level credit-hours are available through Roosevelt University. The SEL Certification runs September through June.
SEL Online Course
Mindful Practices and Roosevelt University are proud to offer a graduate-level one-credit-hour online course. This ten-week course will focus on self-care and community building in the classroom with assigned readings, videos, and online discussions. Participants will use Blackboard to submit videos of themselves teaching some yoga or team-building strategies… this is active learning! To enroll, you will have to register with Roosevelt University by early March 2018. Sign Up Here https://www.roosevelt.edu/SEL
Classes meet one Thursday per month at Hope Learning Academy, 1628 W Washington in Chicago.
Classes meet one Friday per month at Namaste Charter School, 3737 S Paulina St in Chicago.
• 2/2-2/3 Illinois Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders in Lisle, IL
• 2/7-2/10 CEC in Tampa, FL
• 2/7-2/10 Kennedy Center’s Partners in Education Annual Meeting in Washington DC
• 2/15-2/17 AASA in Nashville, TN
• 3/24-3/26 ASCD in Boston, MA
• 4/7-4/9 NSBA in San Antonio, TX
• 7/9-7/11 NAESP in Orlando, FL